Spot Purchase Advocacy is advocacy work purchased on a case-by-case basis, rather than provided as part of our main commissioned contract. This is available to local authorities outside of Leeds, who are responsible for someone living within the Leeds city area.
It could also be for authorities within Leeds who would like advocacy support that falls outside of our advocacy contract. This is charged at an hourly rate, plus expenses incurred completing the work.
What can a spot purchase advocate do?
- Identify what an individual wants
- Explain their rights and entitlements
- Support the individual to have their voice heard
- Help individuals to make difficult decisions about their care or support
- Works under the instruction of the individual needing advocacy (when they are able to provide instruction)
- Provide witness statements for the Court of Protection
- Attend court hearings/proceedings
What kinds of advocacy do we provide via spot purchase services?
We can provide any kind of independent advocacy support as required by authorities, but the most common requests are for:
Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA):
- DOLS Paid Representative
- Rule 1.2 Representative
- Litigation Friend
Care Act Advocacy:
- For people funded by out-of-county local authorities
- Parenting/Pre-Birth Assessments
- Court Support
- Child Protection and Child in Need plans
If you would like a Spot Purchase advocate, please complete the form below.