Once a month, we have a monthly meeting where citizens of Leeds and people who have used any of our services can join and have their say on what we can do better. The Focus Group currently meets online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It meets on the first Monday of every month on the Zoom app. It is chaired by Phil Gleeson, one of our Trustees. It is also attended by at least two members of The Advonet Group staff team, who will take any feedback given on board and use it to make positive changes.
The Focus Group is a coproduction group. Coproduction is where a service works with the people and communities it serves to produce things like policies and information resources.
At each meeting, one main topic is talked about. In previous meetings, the Focus Group has discussed:
- Feedback, compliments and complaints
- The recruitment of a Client Consultant
- Making some of our resources more accessible
At the end of each meeting, anyone who attends can put themselves forward to attend the following Board meeting to speak on behalf of the Focus Group. At least one person from the Group can attend that meeting.
Focus Group dates for 2021
Here is a list of provisional dates for when the Focus Group will meet online for 2021:
- Monday 11th January 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 1st February 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 1st March 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 12th April 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 10th May 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 7th June 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 5th July 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 2nd August 2021 – 2pm-3pm
- Monday 6th September 2021 -2pm-3pm
Please note that the dates and times of the Focus Group meetings are subject to change.
Focus Group meeting minutes
Please click on the button(s) below to download minutes from our previous Focus Group meetings. We will upload minutes from previous meetings before the next one happens.
How do I get involved?
If you would like to attend any of our Focus Group meetings, please:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Call our office on 0113 244 0606
Then, we will send you the details to join the meeting on Zoom closer to the time of the meeting.
Our meetings are open to anyone living in the Leeds City Council area and anyone who has ever used an Advonet Group service before. This includes Leep1, Asking You!, Leeds Autism AIM and CHANGE.