About our Dementia Advocacy Project
The Dementia Advocacy project specialises in advocating for people with dementia and is available to anyone with a dementia condition living in Leeds. Recognition of the issues around Dementia and the benefits of advocacy has been growing over the last few years.
The city has a Dementia strategy to become ‘dementia friendly’ and the Leeds Dementia Board are funding advocacy for those people recently diagnosed who want independent support to help them make what can be difficult and emotional decisions about their future.
Dementia advocates support those individuals who have Dementia and are:
- Facing a time of uncertainty and change
- Unable to access relevant information
- A person whose family or friends are unable able to assist them
- Needing support in accessing their rights
- In conflict with family or others
- In any abuse situation