Effective Advocacy and Negotiation Skills Course
Learn more below
The dates for our next EANS course, as we affectionately term it, are Monday 26th November and Thursday 29th November 2018. The course will be held at a venue in Leeds and participants must attend both days.
The course is an introduction to advocacy and amongst other things covers the following topics:
- Skills and qualities of an advocate
- Principles of advocacy, including statutory advocacy
- Identifying situations suitable for advocacy
- Difference between advocacy and other forms of help
- Dealing with conflict
- Understanding and applying the principles of negotiation
- Negotiating successfully
- Dealing with stalling tactics
The course is useful for people who want to find out about advocacy and how they can use it in their organisations. It is also free for organisations based in Leeds – you can find how to book on our Training page (under Resources).