Coronavirus: Temporary changes to our service
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we are making a few temporary changes to the way we work, whilst still striving to provide an excellent advocacy service. Our main concern at this difficult time is the health, safety and wellbeing of people using our services, our staff, our volunteers and the wider community.
We are following advice from the government and health services on how to ensure that everyone we work with is safe. To that end, we have put in these measures for anyone who needs to access any of Advonet’s services:
- If you have an advocate or need an advocate but are self-isolating, we will be able to communicate with you remotely via email, phone or Skype
- In line with government guidance, we are looking to offer advocacy over the phone, by video/ telephone conferencing whenever this is possible
- All groups run by Advonet and our Leep1 and Leeds Autism AIM services will be postponed or cancelled until further notice. We are fast developing ‘virtual’ and telephone versions.
For example: Leep1 have set up a private Facebook group for their members. If you are a Leep1 member, you can request to join via their Facebook page
- Leeds Autism AIM will be able to offer one-to-one appointments via email, phone or WhatsApp – they will release more details on this in the next couple of days
- All of our staff who are in groups more vulnerable to getting Coronavirus will be working from home
If you have any questions about our approach, please email us at email@example.com. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please revisit this page, as we will be updating it whenever any changes to our offering are being made.