Leeds Learning Disability Week 2022, running from 13th-19th June this year, will see many local organisations run events and share information. Our inclusion projects who work with people with learning disabilities will be taking part!
Leeds Learning Disability People’s Parliament: Council Chambers Takeover
A special meeting of the forum for adults with learning disabilities, feeding into the Leeds Learning Disability Partnership Board. This is for adults with learning disabilities living in Leeds.
- Date: Tuesday 14th June
- Time: 10am-11:30am
- Venue: Leeds Civic Hall, Calverley Street, Leeds LS1 1UR
- Registration has closed due to all tickets being booked. If you would like to come and this situation changes, please email [email protected]
Leep1’s Friendship Group
A weekly group run for adults with learning disabilities in Leeds. The group is for Leep1 members only.
- Date: Wednesday 15th June
- Time: 6pm-8pm
- Venue: Café Leep, Unit 14, Unity Business Centre, 26 Roundhay Road, Leeds LS7 1AB
- If you or someone you know wants to join, please email [email protected]
Leep1 Club Night
A monthly club night for adults with learning disabilities in Leeds.
- Date: Thursday 16th June
- Time: 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Venue: Popworld Night Club, 43 Cookridge Street, Leeds LS2 3AW
- Tickets cost £10 – cash on the door only
- Carers get in for free
The following week, Leep1’s Wednesday Group will be performing at the Beautiful Octopus Club, an inclusive club night in Leeds. It will be on Wednesday 22nd June, continuing the Leeds Learning Disability Week festivities.
Through the Maze has a list of other events happening during Learning Disability Week on its’ website. Find them all at this link: https://www.through-the-maze.org.uk/whats-on/whats-on-learning-disability-week/