Advonet are looking for volunteers to support adults with learning disabilities in Leeds as Citizen Advocates. Citizen Advocates are fully-trained volunteers who support adults with learning disabilities with a range of things including:
- Visiting a client, or clients, and coming to know their values, wishes and preferences
- Being independent of professionals who provide services such as housing, care and support
- Being independent of the client’s family
- Building a one-to-one relationship and advocating for the client, or advocacy partner, when needed
- Identifying the client’s choices and decisions, but not making or influencing them
Full training over four days is provided and includes learning disabilities awareness, safeguarding and our two-day Effective Advocacy and Negotiation Skills course in May.
If you are interested, please email Elly at [email protected] or go to advonet.org.uk/Join-Us/ Volunteering if you would like more information.