- Job title: Office Administrator
- Salary: £19,305 (£11,325 pro rata) per annum (actual salary)
- Hours: 22 per week
- Contract: Fixed term for 2 years
- Location: Leeds, LS7 1AB
- Closing Date: Thursday 9th December 2021, 12 Noon
- Interviews to be held on: Friday 17th December 2021
We are recruiting for a crucial role that really keeps our whole organisation functioning effectively. This is a great part-time opportunity for an Administrator who is looking for flexible working and the chance to help our Advocates make a difference for the people of Leeds.
About the role
Our Office Administrator plays a pivotal part within Central Services ensuring everything runs smoothly for our services. They work autonomously to ensure that administrative processes run smoothly, staff are equipped with what they need, and that our systems are updated. They ensure that their work is completed accurately and on time, which means that staff and management are supported and equipped to work productively with clients when they need them most.
You will be expected to:
- Update organisational databases ensuring accurate compilation of confidential information and reporting, including DBS check renewals and vehicle documents
- Responsibility for purchasing office supplies and systems, and ensuring the office organisation
- Provide office administration support including:
- Daily management of incoming and outgoing post
- Make taxi bookings for staff and volunteers as required
- Responsibility for processing Purchase Orders
- Scanning and e-archiving Finance & HR documents as required
- Redacting sensitive documents when necessary
- To help produce Service Monitoring, HR Monitoring, and other reports to support the organisation to continuously improve
- Be responsible for device allocation, set up and support for all staff and volunteers (laptops, mobile phones, tablets).
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of providing office administrative support in a busy working environment.
- Professional experience of working with office systems and IT software.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy, varied workload
- Ability to work autonomously once given appropriate training
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people of all backgrounds and needs (written and verbally)
- Great attention to detail and work accurately
Established in 1998, The Advonet Group is an independent advocacy charity based in Leeds. The Advonet Group is comprised of statutory and non-statutory advocacy services and specialist inclusion services, (Asking You!, CHANGE, Leeds Autism AIM, Leep1 – Leeds People First). All of our services support individuals to have their voices heard and their rights upheld.
We are united in our commitment to uphold the nationally recognised advocacy principles and have a diverse staff team of 80 people working within the organisation. We are a disability confident and Mindful Employer with Investors in People and Volunteers and have achieved the Advocacy Quality Performance Mark.
The Advonet Group values and respects the diversity of backgrounds, experiences and knowledge that staff, volunteers and job applicants bring. All our staff undertake mandatory training on both Equality and Diversity and LGBTQ+ Awareness to increase awareness and understanding of discrimination both in and out of the workplace, with a view to reduce the impact this has on our colleagues and the wider community.
This creates a workplace where staff feel comfortable to be themselves and empowers them, and our service users, to use their unique experiences to inform their work.
“I feel I have grown as a person working for Advonet. I work with such a diverse group of people who are happy to support and help you to grow” – Staff satisfaction survey, (2020)
Benefits of working with us
We offer 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, onsite private parking, free mental health support service, flexible working, within an inclusive, supportive and friendly team. We also offer extensive internal training opportunities.
- Closing date: 9th December 2021
- Interviews to be held on: 17th December 2021
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete The Advonet Group Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found on the links on this page, along with a detailed job description and person specification (CVs will not be accepted). Please return applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information or an informal chat about the post, please call on 0113 244 0606 and ask to speak to Eloise Bell, Central Services Manager.
Download the forms by clicking on each button. Then, once completed, please email them to email@example.com