Leeds Autism AIM Coordinator
- Job Title: Leeds Autism AIM Coordinator
- Salary: £23,696.92 (£14,218.15) per annum (actual salary)
- Hours: 22.5 hrs p/w, fixed term until end of March 2023, starting Monday 14th June 2021
- Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021 at 12 noon
- Interviews to be held on: Wednesday 2nd June 2021
Leeds Autism AIM is part of the Advonet Group, a growing organisation working with people who are marginalised, to raise their voices and have their rights respected. Leeds Autism AIM is co-led by autistic adults with the 75% of the staff team being autistic themselves.
We have an exciting opportunity based within the Leeds Autism AIM service for someone passionate about ensuring the autistic population, who experience a range of barriers and inequalities, have access to, and are enabled to live independent and fulfilling lives. The AIM service is recognised as being innovative, progressive, and pioneering by Third and Public Sector organisations and those who use our service.
A successful candidate will be instrumental in the day to day running of the service with the AIM Team. They will be a highly organised individual who will be primarily responsible for;
- Working with the AIM Team, external partners, and others to ensure the needs of those using the service are met.
- Providing information, signposting and resources.
- Working in a collaborative way to improve access to services and outcomes for autistic adults.
- Coordinating the running of the Autism Drop-In Hubs so that they run smoothly and efficiently.
You need to have relevant experience in similar type roles although there is plenty of opportunity to develop existing skills/experience within the role if you feel that you do not meet all the criteria in the personal specification.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we will offer interviews to any applicants with a disability who meet the essential criteria.
Additional funding for this role is likely to be secured in late 2021 which means there is a potential that the number of weekly hours would increase.
To apply for this role, please complete the Advonet Group Job Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found on the links on this page, along with a detailed job description and person specification (CVs will not be accepted). Please return applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasonable adjustments can be requested if you are successful in gaining an interview. We will inform all applicants whether they are successful in gaining an interview or not.
Interview questions will be provided 24 hours before the interview.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and particularly welcome applicants from those who have a lived experience of autism or other disabilities or come from diverse communities.
If you would like more information or an informal chat about the post, please call on 0113 244 0606 and ask to speak to Owen Walker, AIM Manager.
Download the forms by clicking on each button. Then, once completed, please email them to email@example.com