Leeds Advocacy Network
The Leeds Advocacy Network is a new network of local organisations and community groups who offer a wide range of formal and informal advocacy as part of what they do. Its aim is to help strengthen advocacy support as a whole throughout Leeds, reaching everyone we can.
There are many benefits to joining the network, including:
- Getting information and advice about advocacy
- Opportunities for peer learning
- The opportunity to participate in strategic advocacy – help the city draw on the experiences of people who use our services by looking at what is working well , what challenges there are and suggest improvements to health and social care
If your organisation or community group would like to join, all you need to do is contact us and we’ll take care of the rest. Membership is completely free! You do, however, need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Provide either formal or informal advocacy to the people you support
- Be based or have a base in Leeds
Advocacy is working with you to:
Listen to what you want and act on your behalf at all times
Think about what choices you have
Put forward your views so they are heard
Stand up for your rights and interests
Advocacy is free, independent and confidential.
Starting in February 2019, we will be running a new suite of free advocacy training courses. More details of what the courses are, when they take place and how you can book on will be confirmed in due course.
You can find out more on our Training page.
Leaflet coming soon.
Join the Leeds Advocacy Network
The Leeds Advocacy Network is completely free to join. If you are from an organisation or community group in Leeds that offers formal and informal advocacy and would like to help it grow, please fill in the form below and we’ll be back in touch.
*Please note that we will only use the information you give us to contact you about the Leeds Advocacy Network and nothing else.
Members of the Leeds Advocacy Network
Age UK Leeds