Health Complaints Referrals Assistant
- Job Title: Health Complaints Referrals Assistant
- Ref: HCA
- Salary: £17,550 per annum, pro rata for part time working
- Hours: 20 hours per week across five days
- Pension available
- Fixed term Contract: Two years from start date
- Closing date: 12noon Friday 7th December 2018
- Interviews to be held on: Friday 14th December 2018
The NHS Complaints Advocacy service for citizens of Leeds is a statutory service funded by Leeds City Council and delivered by Advonet. The service provides independent advocacy for anyone wanting to make a complaint about an NHS provisioned service.
This is a challenging and evolving project and you will have a vital role to play in patient empowerment and driving up standards in the NHS.
- The health complaints referrals assistant will be the first point of contact for anyone wanting to use the NHS complaints advocacy service or enquiring about NHS complaint options
- You will be able to give clear information in an approachable and professional manner to callers by phone, email or in person, who may well be distressed by their experiences
- You must be highly computer literate and able to enter in referrals and process cases accurately via the database
- You will be expected to handle initial enquiries as part of First Contact Team (known internally as the Single Point of Access team), some ongoing aspects of cases, more complex aspects of the cases will be handled by complaints advocates
- As well as NHS complaints work, you will be expected to handle enquiries about the wide range of services provided by any of the Advonet consortium members
The successful candidate will be based within the First Contact Team and be expected to work Monday to Friday, within office hours, and to provide cover for annual leave and planned absence. Precise working times will be agreed on appointment.
Applications should be made using the Advonet Application Form (CVs cannot be accepted).
If you would like more information or an informal chat about the post, please call on 0113 244 0606 and ask to speak to the manager, Rosie Whitmore, or email email@example.com.
Download the forms by clicking on each button. Then, once completed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.