Coronavirus: How it affects you and our service
As you will be aware, lots of services are having to change how they work because of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Our situation currently is that we are only attending necessary meetings. If you have a cough or a high temperature, we would ask you to let us know and to talk to your advocate over the phone or via Skype rather than in person.
If you are in any doubt about whether you should be self-isolating (staying at home for at least seven days to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus), you should ring your advocate or call NHS 111.
This advice is for anyone who is scheduled to meet an advocate, attend a meeting at Advonet.
Please note that all groups run by Leep1, Leeds Autism AIM and Leeds LGBTQ+ Health Inclusion Project have been postponed or cancelled.
This is a fast-moving situation and events may change. We will try to keep you updated as soon as we can.
For more information, please visit our website. Alternatively, you can call our office on 0113 244 0606.
From the NHS:
- General guidance: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Stay at home (self-isolation) advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
- NHS 111 Coronavirus service: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
- Coronavirus – Government’s response: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- Government’s Coronavirus action plan: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
- Guidance for health professionals: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/wuhan-novel-coronavirus
- Stay at home guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
- Travel advice – Coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- Travelling from/to specific countries: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas-with-implications-for-returning-travellers-or-visitors-arriving-in-the-uk
Coronavirus and specific conditions:
- Asthma UK: https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Diabetes UK: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/coronavirus
- Terrence Higgins Trust – Coronavirus and HIV: https://www.tht.org.uk/news/coronavirus-covid-19
- Cancer Research UK – Coronavirus and cancer: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/coronavirus-and-cancer
- British Heart Foundation – Coronavirus and heart disease: https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health
- MS Society – Coronavirus and Multiple Sclerosis: https://www.mssociety.org.uk/about-ms/treatments-and-therapies/disease-modifying-therapies/covid-19-coronavirus-and-ms
- Alzheimer’s Society – Coronavirus and Dementia: https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/blog/coronavirus-covid-19-information-people-affected-dementia
Work, benefits and your rights:
- Coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-support-for-employees-benefit-claimants-and-businesses
- Coronavirus – advice for employers and employees: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-support-for-employees-benefit-claimants-and-businesses
- Citizens Advice – Coronavirus and what it means for you: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/health/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you/
- Money Advice Service – employment, sick pay, benefits and more: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you
- TUC – Coronavirus guidance for Trade Unions: https://www.tuc.org.uk/resource/covid-19-coronavirus-guidance-unions
Mental health and wellbeing:
- Mind – Coronavirus and your wellbeing: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/#collapse4e48e
- Mental Health Foundation – looking after your mental health: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak
- Learnest CIC – Toolkit for planning for self-isolation: https://twitter.com/LearnestCIC/status/1239230121816535042
Easy Read information on Coronavirus:
- Inclusion North: https://inclusionnorth.org/coronavirus-easy-read-information/
- Get Checked Out: https://twitter.com/Get_Checked_Out/status/1239494284832841729
- Easy On The i: https://twitter.com/easy_on_the_i/status/1239941918542442496